I’m sure many of you are in the process of finalizing budgets and plans for coming year and I wanted to give a quick overview of what the CFPB is planning for compliance in 2014.
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA) and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act Integrated Disclosures Final Rule (1,888 pages, effective in August 2015)
- Additional revisions to the 2013 Final Rules
- Flood Insurance amendments
- Expanded Home Mortgage Disclosure Act data collection (likely to be effective in 2015)
- Annual Privacy Notice amendments
- Overdraft regulation
- Prepaid Card regulation
- TILA Appraisal amendments
- Regulation CC amendments
- Debt Collection regulation
- Qualified Residential Mortgage regulation
And you thought 2013 was crazy!
Jerod is the leader of Banker’s Compliance Consulting’s training productions. He is a nationally recognized speaker. Whether it’s a conference, seminar, school, webinar, or luncheon, it’s easy to stay engaged when he presents due to the amount of passion and energy he brings to each and every compliance topic. Jerod has spoken on behalf of the American Bankers’ Association, BankersOnline, many state banking associations, private compliance groups, and financial institutions. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and BankersOnline Guru.
Jerod likes to spend his time (between reading regulations and producing compliance training!) relaxing at the lake with his wife and three children, following their activities or engaged in something sports related!