Insurable Value & Flood Insurance?

If you have a loan secured by a property located in a Special Flood Hazard Area, you must require the borrower to obtain flood insurance.  The Flood Insurance Rules require this to be in an amount equal to the lesser of three things:

  1. The outstanding principal balance of all loans secured by the property.
  2. The overall or “insurable” value of the property minus the land value.
  3. The maximum amount of insurance available under the principal flood insurance program.

So, what exactly is the “Insurable Value”?

David explains more in the video.


Share This